If you need to leave your home as a result of domestic abuse, you will need to find temporary, safe accommodation whilst you decide what to do next.

Cheshire Without Abuse provides Crisis Accommodation: a safe place where women and their children can escape domestic abuse.

You will be provided with a confidential address, in one of our 6 countywide accommodations; allowing you to be safe from one night, up to 12 months. 

Our accommodations consist of private bedrooms and communal kitchen, dining, and living areas. 

In crisis accommodation, other help will also be available to you, including:

  • Family support
  • Parenting support
  • Counselling
  • Children and young people’s support 
  • Solicitors appointments
  • Resettlement support
  • Risk assessments and risk management plans
  • Referrals to other support services
  • 24 hour, on call, emergency service

For more information call CWA 24 hours a day on 01270 250390

Accessing Crisis Accommodation

If you are in immediate danger you may be eligible for crisis accommodation.

1. Please CONTACT US on 01270 250390

2. We will take a referral - up to 45 minutes

3. We will check your eligibility and if accommodation is available

Priority is given to people living locally. Cheshire Without Abuse will take referrals from third parties, such as the police or social services, but a decision to access any crisis support service will not be made until we have spoken to the service user directly.

Cheshire Without Abuse is sensitive to all cultural and other differences.

Staying in crisis accommodation

Staying in a refuge can be very difficult. You have to keep the address confidential and abide by a licence agreement and rules. The rules
are there to keep everyone safe.

On arrival you will be given a key worker. You will have weekly meetings with her and a support plan will be drawn up to look at your individual support needs. She will work with you to help you find safe, permanent accommodation back in the community.

Children in refuge  

Dependent children and young people (up to the age of 16) are accepted into safe accommodation. They will be given special support to help them adapt to their new environment and to overcome the effects of living with domestic abuse. 


On leaving refuge you are entitled to receive resettlement support. Your CWA key worker will continue to work with you to help you move back into the community, and to access support to enable you to sustain a tenancy. You will receive a support plan, a risk assessment and regular reviews as part of your support package.

CWA will work with you to draw up a support plan, help you secure your tenancy and to keep yourself and your family safe. The service can include liaising with police and local authorities to make you and your property secure. You can be living in any kind of tenancy situation to access this service.

English as an additional language

If English is not your first language, or if you are referring a non-English speaker please let us know. Interpreters may be available.